"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Turn offs: Red faces and bad tipping.

Sunday night I was bartending and two guys in their early 20s came in. One seemed fine, the other seemed like he'd already been drinking. I gave them one beer each and then decided that was enough, so I politely and quietly cut them off. First, the one who initially seemed fine said, "is it because we look drunk? I worked out today so my face is red." Oh, okay, does working out also make you slur your speech? All done. Then they left and I realized that one had left me no tip and the other had left a quarter.

Turns out, the $0.00 tip had a crush on the girl a few stools over and kept texting her to hang out. Also turns out, I ended up making friends with her and her friends that night. They heard me telling someone about the $0.25 tip and asked if it was those guys. The girl told the guy off and they left me a big tip to make up for the guys. Lovely, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment