"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Who made you king of a bar you've never been to?

I bartended tonight and didn't have as much luck with friendly and lovely customers as I did waitressing during lunch on Thursday.

One of our semi-regulars came in and he doesn't seem to be very self aware. At one point, he answered his phone and was having a pretty loud one-sided conversation. Suddenly, the woman next to him yells "EXCUSE ME!" at me (she consistently spoke at people, rather than to them), so I go over. She says, loud and rude as can be, "isn't there a law against this?!" I think I looked at her like she was stupid. She proceeded to say, basically to the guy but as though he wasn't there, "he is being so loud!"

Be a fucking grown up. Ask him quietly and politely to quiet down.  Causing a scene and trying to embarrass him is not only going to make him feel bad for no reason, it makes you look like a jackass.

I said, "well no, I don't think there's a law against that." to which she said, "well there should be, I'm ready to make one!" First of all, I'd sooner vote into action a law against being such a bitch. Second, I don't think you have the authority to create laws, psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment