"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Monday, January 28, 2013

You fancy, huh?

Please don't assume that you are hot shit and we will be impressed with you just because you live in a big city.

People from out of town always act like they're friggin Matthew Broderick (...or someone more famous) walking into our little bar. In the last month or so we've had someone from ~*~*~LA~~*~* and yesterday someone from New York. They both acted like total asses, drinking like crazy and acting shocked when we slowed them down.

No, you cannot just keep putting back jameson like it's no big deal. No, you cannot order a bunch of drinks with no sign of anyone else to drink them. No, we don't give a shit who you are.

Saturday night I was sitting at the bar, being a customer, when this NY guy started chatting me up. Next thing you know, he's trying to argue with the bartender and I feel the need to step in. I politely explained exactly how and why he was a jackass and how much we love our jobs but have to follow rules. I think I ruined his flirting. I wasn't interested anyhow. Sorry, bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment