"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Just don't be a jerk!

There is a middle aged couple that comes in fairly often and they are strange and kind of unpleasant but not quite negative. Just not great. They came in at like 3:30pm today, when it was broad daylight outside and bright and sunny inside the bar. Before I could even try to be friendly, the woman gruffly asked, "can you turn the lights down in here?!" To which I tried to respond, "I can't change the lights but I'll ask my manager." Except she interrupted me to tell me that she had a blinding headache and the lights needed to be turned down.

First of all, if you have a blinding headache, why would you go to a bar?

So I reiterated that I'd ask my manager and asked if they wanted drinks. The husband said, "well why don't you go see about the lights and then we'll tell you?" and in such a tone. Luckily I only had a few other customers at the bar and they were wicked friendly and fun. So I go and get my manager to fix the lights and all I can hear is the woman bitching, the entire hour+ that they were there. Oh, I also heard her make a comment about it being 4:20. So your interests are being a miserable hag and smoking pot? Lovely.

Long story short, I am willing to do most anything for a friendly customer, there is no reason to be horrible and rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment