"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Thursday, March 14, 2013

How I'm feeling this week.

First of all- Shut the fuck up about coke vs pepsi.
We have Pepsi products. I don't like them, I understand that you don't like them, but shut the fuck up because I can't change it. That stupid ecard about "Is pepsi okay? ... Is monopoly money okay?" is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen and I can't believe how many waitresses repost it. At the very least, please don't act like I'm Hitler for forcing the wrong kind of soda on you. Here's a thought: just get a water, your body will thank you.

On a soda note, I'm hardcore judging you if your kid is young enough to need a sippy cup and you're letting them fill it with soda. WTF. I don't want to get all Jillian Michaels on you, but really wtf. Your kid has no idea what kind of choice they're making and they won't give a shit if they get something else. Do not let a teeny little kid opt for soda. WTF, for real.

And on that note, I have to be even more judgmental for a second. Last weekend I had a family come in for brunch. They were all fairly heavy but I honestly don't get judgey at surface level- who knows what their story is, and it's not my business. I did, however, start judging when the 8 year old who looked about my size got a soda for breakfast. AND THEN, her mom very proudly said, "we limit her, she's only allowed two desserts." No. Just no.

I realize this is far beyond off topic for waitressing and bartending, but holy fuck the bad choices I witness go far beyond having one too many drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment