"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Children: always a problem.

Please don't let your kids move from your table to a free table so that they can spread out a game all over the place and get out of your hair. Do you know where they go when they get out of your hair? Right into mine.

First of all, you are taking up and dirtying two separate tables. That means I am losing a table from my section, which may mean that I miss out on new guests (and their tips) if the rest of my section fills up. But of course I can't go over and ask you to move your children, because then you might get huffy and upset. Then someone has to clean both tables. That is just irritating.

Second, do you know what keeps children behaving in public? Fear of their parents. When they are at their own table they eat slower, make bigger messes, and become louder and more annoying. I'm glad you are comfortable a table away, enjoying your childless meal, but the least you could do is keep them quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment