"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

$30 an hour? okay.

Today wasn't as easy with customer moods and attitudes. However, I did about two hours of real work and made $63. This is probably part of the reason I've never applied for a job that actually relates to my bachelor's degree.

All of the rude people and annoying requests were quickly forgotten when one of my favorite customers came in. Thankfully, he was one of my last tables of the day and made everything better. He's an older guy and he comes in alone for lunch. He looks at the menu for a little while and then asks questions like, "do you have anything with chicken today?" making it pretty clear that he didn't really read anything. He's one of those customers that can be as particular and needy as he wants, and I still smile the whole time I'm dealing with him.

Speaking of being particular and needy (unless you're that guy; like i said, he can get away with it) -
I don't care how long it takes you to decide on your order, you can take all day if you want, just don't make me stand at your table waiting for it. Today I had about eight tables going at once and two of them thought I should just stand there waiting for them to decide. When this goes on, all I can think about are the other tables I could be helping and the fact that I have food waiting to be run. Please, take all the time you need, just don't waste mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment