"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Monday, June 10, 2013

There IS Good in the World!

Last night I bartended and most of the night was smooth and easy.  Towards the end of the night, three older guys came in and one of them went from zero to obnoxious in two coors lights. He became rude and loud and stupid, and I did my best not to tell him to shut the hell up :) There was a nice young couple sitting nearby who gave me several sympathetic looks and were generally lovely.

The young couple left money on their tab and told me it was all set,  and the boyfriend thanked me for being great. I looked back and said, "thank you for being lovely!" and he laughed. As they were leaving, I picked up their tab and saw that it said

Sorry about them ---->
We feel your pain

Hilarious and adorable, I shot them another look and a loud thank you and they laughed and left. Upon closing their tab, I realized they left me a $20 tip on a $50 bill.

And with that, they restored my faith in humanity. And in humor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment