"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's been quite a week.

First of all, if you are going to lay across your table to make out during dinnertime, please tip more than 8%. A $5 tip on a $60 bill is unacceptable, period.

Now, moving on. I have "Please see ID" on the back of my debit cards, as do many of my customers. I have it for a purpose. I do not want someone else to be able to run into a store or restaurant and use my card, duh. Whenever I run a debit or credit card, I look at the back. If it is signed or blank, I just go for it. If it asks for an ID, I check the name and ask for an ID.

The other day, a guy came in to pick up some to go food. I looked at the back of the ID and saw the request, and as I was turning to ask him for ID I realized it was a woman's name. He said, "well it's my girlfriend's card. Do you want to talk to her?" And motioned to his phone. Well no, speaking to someone over the phone isn't a valid ID.

I felt like I should not take the card, but went to check with my manager. She agreed, and I went back to inform the guy. He got real sassy and said, "she sent me to pick up the food, so she isn't here." And asked again if I wanted him to call her. Being that I could call just about anyone and say, "hey, say your name is (blank)!" I reiterated that either his girlfriend could come show ID, or he could pay in another form.

Eventually he stormed out and she showed up within 30 seconds, what a hassle for them! Later in the night, he called to speak to a manager. He swore at her and was generally unpleasant before hanging up on her. Protip: no one is going to take your complaints seriously if you are throwing a temper tantrum.

You chose to write "See ID" on your card and I did as you wished. You're welcome, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment