"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ten cents doesn't matter.

We have a number of regulars. A few are amazing and honestly, I get excited when they come in. The rest... not so exciting.

Today one of 'the rest' came in with a friend for lunch. I try to be polite to her but she is just generally unpleasant. I also know that she never tips well, which doesn't help how I feel when I deal with her. They were closing out their tab and while I was literally standing a foot away, they had this conversation:

Friend: I'll get this.
Regular: Okay, what is the tip?
(I tried not to listen because I knew this would all be awkward anyway)
Regular (as she counts out a couple of dollars in change): And if I pick up that dime off the ground, we're all set!

AND SHE WAS SERIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment