"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sorry, Tom.

Sometimes customers take a liking to us. They flirt, leave better tips, and sometimes give you their phone numbers. I've gotten a few myself and between all the girls at work, I've seen several different deliveries. However, most of the time it is just left, written on the receipt, with a name. It happened to me yesterday. Two guys- one was handsome and carried himself well, the other wasn't even very polite. After they were gone, there was a number for Tom on the back of the bottom copy of the receipt.

Here's the problem- you rarely have an entire table full of attractive customers. If you have 2-5 guys at a table and you find a number after they are gone, how should you handle that? Maybe you even really liked one of them, but there's no way to know which one liked you. Do us a favor, guys, at least leave the receipt in front of the seat you were in. Maybe even draw an arrow or a picture of yourself. We'd love it, because it's sad to let a good guy get away, but it's more sad to awkwardly get out of a phone call with someone you have no interest in.

So, I'm sorry Tom. For one, I have a boyfriend (who started out as a cute customer!) but even if I didn't, I have no idea which guy you were and I don't think I could bring myself to call and ask if you were the handsome and polite guy or his awkward friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment