"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person." - Dave Barry

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Something a little nicer

Last weekend I was bartending and there was a middle aged couple having dinner and drinks. They asked me a few questions about our bar and I chatted with them, they were nice to talk to. After they paid and I thanked them, they thanked me back. The man said, "You know, we don't get to go out much. Thanks for such a great night." I responded by thanking them for being polite and friendly, since we don't get that all too often either. People in restaurants love to speak up when something is wrong, but you don't get compliments (especially to managers, which feels amazing when it does happen) very often.

It never hurts to say a nice thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment